Monday, February 28, 2011

Correct Answers to the "Kitchen Gadget" Contest

The "Kitchen Gadget" Contest
Here are the correct answers to my "Kitchen Gadget" contest.
1)  Utensil Pot Clip.  One clips it onto a pot and then can rest a spoon in the slot. All drips go back into the pot!
2)  An Opener for Pop Top Cans.  No need to break a nail!
3)  A Kaiser Roll Press.  These German Rolls have their tops cut part way through into five sections.  Just for "design" purposes.
4)  Cupcake Plunger.  One can remove part of the inside of a cupcake with this plunger and then use the plunger again to refill the hole with ice cream, Cool Whip, etc.
5)  The BEST Meat Tenderizer!  It is made by the Deni Corporation.  We use this all the time.  One "unlocks" it and then the spring action makes tons of tiny holes in chicken, flank steak etc.  It not only tenderizes the meat, but it also allows better penetration of a marinade.
6) A garlic press that allows one to store garlic within it, in the refrigerator.  It has a built-in cleaning system.
I would like to thank the good sports who participated.  You all gave me some much needed laughter!
No one guessed FIVE out of SIX correctly, but, congratulations to Carole & Al H. who had THREE correct and to Gene G. who had TWO and a HALF correct. 
I guess that I get to keep my Cupcake Plunger.  That is fairly new and the only one that I have not used so far!

2 comments:

  1. How fun. I wish I had been able to make some guesses but it appears I would only have had the first one right. :-)

    ReplyDelete