Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Tangerine Project

I am a "Gadget Queen," who enjoys both electronic & kitchen gizmos.  I actually even use them all, well, almost all of them. 

Yesterday, a friend of mine asked me if I had a citrus juicer because she had a large bag of tangerines that they couldn't peel but might possibly yield some juice. She had hurt herself and was not able to hand juice them.  I replied that I only had two kinds of lemon juicers which would be too small.  


Suddenly, I recalled that my food processor from five years ago came with a juice attachment that I had NEVER used.  (I don't like any form of citrus fruits.)  Weird, but true.  I dug through my gadget pantry, found it and then volunteered to help her out.

This morning, I washed them all and read the directions for the citrus attachment.  My friend had given me a LARGE container in which to put all of the juice.  Werner (Mr. Green Thumbs) offered to cut them all in half for me as I was "processing" them.  The machine and juicer worked great, however the end result was less than we had hoped for!

The Bag of 20 Tangerines

The Food Processor with Juicer Attachment


And now..... A drum roll, please!










The Finished Project!


Perhaps my friend can enjoy ONE Tangerine Screwdriver. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S.  Here is a direct quote from my friend that I just received via e-mail.


"I took my vitamins with the tangerine juice you made for me after you left because I hadn't taken them yet today and it was actually delicious.  Very fresh tasting.  Now I know why people like to make their juice fresh.  Thank you so much!!!"


So, I guess that good things come in "small" packages!


4 comments:

  1. Nice photos! I have heard that it takes a lot of fruit and/or vegetables to get even a small amount of juice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha how funny! The one time I ever used a juicer, I was astonished at how much fruit I wasted to get a small glass of juice. Seems sad, really. :-(

    ReplyDelete